Date(s) - 18/11/2017 - 21/11/2017
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Categories No Categories
BodyTalk Fascial Energetics Level I
$1200.00 USD FOR FIRST 15 students that register and pay in full by October 5th, 2017
This 4 day module has been designed to introduce BodyTalk practitioners to the world of Fascia. Our bodies store unresolved emotions, active memory, belief systems, consciousness, environmental triggers, and fears and phobias within the fascial system. Once you understand how fascia is interconnected throughout the body, and you combine this knowledge with the BodyTalk system, you will develop an edge that will allow you to quickly find the priority regions of fascial dysfunction and help your clients to a fuller extent.
5 Ways BodyTalk Fascial Energetics Can Benefit Your Practice
• Quantum physics tells us that our prime system of communication is electromagnetic in nature running through the fascial system in a random and very rapid nature. Releasing restrictions within the fascial system removes obstacles to communication at the physiologic, energetic and electromagnetic levels thus improving health and efficiency of function.
• You will develop a better understanding of how physical injury, emotions, active memory, beliefs systems, consciousness, environmental triggers, and fears and phobias can distort the fascia creating stored patterns of dysfunction that spread throughout the body.
• You will gain a better ability to explain to your clients how fascia becomes distorted, how it can affect posture, range of motion, body tension, and pain and, can form barriers to the movement of circulation, energy and neural flow thus affecting general function and overall health of the body.
• You will learn to evaluate the 5 Zones of the body (the cranium, anterior torso, posterior torso, upper and lower extremities) for fascial dysfunctions using both an intuitive and manual full-body scan.
• You will discover that traditional Fascial Release classes teach standard protocols which may not be effective in all cases. BodyTalk Fascial Energetics utilizes your skills as a BodyTalk practitioner to determine the priority, the orientation, the areas it may influence and the optimal approach to release the pattern of fascial tension. You will be able to develop a customized Fascial Energy technique to suit the needs of each of your clients.
Other Course Highlights
• Learn what fascia is through palpation; where it is found; its role in the body; what happens to fascia when it gets injured and the various causes of fascial tension.
• Learn to work at the fascial level which will improve palpation skills and heighten the awareness and acuity of the subtle senses. Improve your ability to “tune in” to the tissues and help your client to improve their own body awareness.
• Understand the general concepts and principles of BodyTalkFascial Balancing and learn to identify the signs when Fascial Balancing is occurring and when it is complete.
• Learn the different types of BodyTalkFascial Balancing such as Scar Balancing, Myofascial Balancing, and Articular Fascial Balancing which can be performed on or off the body in each of the 5 Zones.
• Understand what BodyTalk Fascial Balancing can do for your clients, who can benefit from the technique, and what the indications and contraindications may be.
• Understand how BodyTalkFascial Balancing will help to balance muscle tension, fascial tension, joint stiffness, and fluids, improving posture, range of motion, circulation, energy flow, and neural flow while decreasing pain.
• Understand how fascial tension in the knee maybe responsible for symptoms in the client’s lower back, shoulder, neck or TMJ. The BodyTalkFascial Balancing technique will quickly guide you to the priority zone and body part that requires balancing.
• This class will consist of lecture, demonstration and lots of hands-on practice time. You will be provided with a highly illustrated manual to speed up the learning process. Morning visualization and afternoon hands-on review sessions will help you to quickly master the techniques with confidence.
Course Requirements: Only available to IBA members who have taken. BodyTalk Modules 1 and 2
If you are a not a licensed healthcare provider is recommended that you have either taken BT Orthopedic Evaluation Level I and or BodyTalk Module 4 & 7 to help better prepare you for the class.
This course counts for 28 hours of continuing education for Certified BodyTalk Practitioners’ requirements.
Phone: 082 256 6997
Dr. Kerry D’Ambrogio
DOM, AP, P.T., DO-MTP, Sr. CBI, CBP, SrCBI, CBI, BAT
7311 Merchant Court
Sarasota , FL 34240
Dr. Kerry D’Ambrogio, D.O.M., A.P., P. T., D.O. -M.T.P., C.B.I., C.B.P., Senior Instructor is a Physical Therapist, Osteopath, and Board Certified Acupuncture Physician. He graduated from the Physical Therapy program at the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the Osteopathic program at the Canadian Academy of Osteopathy & Holistic Health Science in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and the Acupuncture program at the Academy of Chinese Healing Arts in Sarasota, Florida, USA.
His unique approach integrates several schools of thought including Maitland, Kaltenborn, Cyriax, McKenzie, Norwegian approach, and Osteopathy (Muscle Energy, Strain and Counterstrain, Myofascial Release, Craniosacral Therapy/Cranial Osteopathy, and Visceral Manipulation, among others). Kerry also has a background in Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Applied Kinesiology, Body Talk, Orthotics, Muscle Imbalance and various exercise and movement therapies (Janda, Somatics, Florence Kendal, Shirley Sahrman and the Norwegian approach, among others).
Kerry lectures internationally and is president of Therapeutic Systems Incorporated. He is recognized throughout Canada, the United States, South America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, the Philippines, New Zealand and Australia as a teacher of manual therapy, exercise therapy and Body Talk.
He is a certified instructor recognized by the International Alliance of Healthcare Educators (IAHE). He was the director of manual therapy at the Upledger Institute, on faculty with the Barral Institute, Dogwood Institute, Northeast Seminars, Dialogues in Contemporary Rehab and the Academy of Chinese Healing Arts (Chinese Medical College). He is a certified Body Talk practitioner, senior instructor and is a member of the International Body Talk Association
Kerry is a published author of “Positional Release Therapy” published by Mosby. He has written numerous articles in Physical and Occupational Therapy journals and has discussed health issues on radio and television talk shows. He presently operates his own private practice in Sarasota, Florida. www.TSitherapy.com