Date(s) - 01/07/2017 - 02/07/2017
9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Your Space for Wellness
BodyTalk Fundamentals – Part 1
Currently, the general approach to modern health care is undergoing a radical change. There is a paradigm shift afoot in our understanding of dis-ease and how and why it manifests in the human living system. The body has an innate ability to heal itself; however, this ability is hindered by many factors such as physical, emotional, mental, biochemical, and environmental stressors. The BodyTalk SystemTM operates out of this new scientific understanding; blending quantum physics with ancient philosophical knowledge to assist the body in remembering how to heal itself.
The BodyTalk Fundamentals course provides a comprehensive introduction to the BodyTalk SystemTM and presents many powerful consciousness-based healing techniques that address a wide variety of symptoms on all levels of the body and mind. This course presents discussions on both scientific and philosophical aspects of health, as well as a hands-on practical application of the BodyTalk Fundamentals techniques.
BodyTalk Fundamentals introduces the key elements of dis-ease manifestation that are often not included in other health care practices. The innovative yet simple techniques taught in this Fundamentals course are designed to effectively reveal the “root causes” of a wide variety of health conditions.
Along with the BodyTalk Fundamentals text book, the course is comprised of classroom work that blends lectures, demonstrations, and hands on practical experience.
Students will first learn the consciousness-based scientific principles, along with the theory behind The BodyTalk SystemTM including: our innate wisdom and how to use it during the sessions, how to engage your intuition in a structured way, the importance of communication in the body, using muscle checking and a structured protocol to discern areas of the body and mind that are a priority to balance, and much more. This will then lead into learning all of the basic BodyTalk techniques and how to apply them in a BodyTalk session.
– History of BodyTalk and the Founder, Dr. John Veltheim
– The Scientific Basis of BodyTalk
– Consciousness Based Health Care
– Consciousness Localized as Innate Wisdom
– The Zone
– Principles of Muscular Biofeedback
– Priority and the Sequence of Healing
– The Tapping Procedure
– Breathing Principles
– BodyTalk Procedures
– Developing the Concept of Session Readiness
– Development of Practitioner Technical Understanding & Skills:
– Balancing the body basics:
– Hydration, Scars, Cortices of the Brain, and more.
– Addressing environmental imbalances.
– Energy faults and communication blocks with in the brain.
– Balancing Techniques for the organs, endocrines and body parts.
– Addressing energy blockages within chakras and meridians.
– Balancing cellular damage from vaccinations, trauma, and hereditary influences.
– Clearing the body of viruses, infections, parasites, food intolerances, allergies and toxins.
– Clearing past and present emotional blockages, including active memories, phobias and fears.
– Addressing blockages within the lymphatic system.
– Balancing blockages in the circulation of lymph, blood and nerves.
– Balancing blockages in the bodies tissues using the reciprocals concepts.
– Emergency BodyTalk procedure; Fast Aid.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will:
1. Learn the 3 key scientific models that lead to our current understanding of health
2. Learn the 5 different levels of the bodymind and Top/Down Causation
3. Understand how BodyTalk is a consciousness-based health care system
4. Learn how consciousness operates in the bodymind
5. Learn what is meant by the Innate wisdom of the practitioner and the client and its aspects and function
6. Learn what occurs when the synchronicity of the bodymind is disrupted
7. Understand the importance of left and right brain integration and the Zone
8. Understand the muscle checking technique as used during a BodyTalk session.
9. Understand the importance of the principles of BodyTalk which include:
The body has an innate ability to heal itself
Using our own innate wisdom and the art of muscle checking along with a
structured protocol and procedure to discern the areas of priority and the
sequence of balancing
10. Discuss how the “interference” of the following can limit results of BodyTalk;
Attention Vs. Intention
Priority Vs. problem
Agenda Vs. non-agenda
Attachment VS. non-attachment
Caring Vs. not caring
11. Understand the five functions of breathing and principles of tapping
12. Understand the concept of receiving permissions before and during a BodyTalk
session and how to ‘clear’ them for both practitioner and client
13. Through lecture, demonstration, and practice the participant will learn to use the
BodyTalk balancing techniques in Fundamentals and will experience the techniques
as the recipient.
Textbook: BodyTalk Fundamentals
Additional Reading: N/A
Course Code: N/A
Format: The format for this course is as follows with some variation by each individual instructor:
Part 1 –Typically 2 – 2 1/2 days
Part 2 – Typically 2 days
Total days – Typically 4 – 4 ½ days depending on the instructor
This course is sometimes separated into two sections with a time period in between
CEU (hrs): 16
PaRama College Credit: TBA
External CEU Approval: TBA
Technology Required: TBA
If this course is done in two parts you will need Part 1 as a prerequisite for BodyTalk Fundamantals Part 2. It is suitable for health-care professionals, as well as lay people who may want to learn the BodyTalk System and use the System on a non-professional level.
This course counts for 16 hours of continuing education for Certified BodyTalk Practitioners’ requirements.
Cell Phone: 0822566997
Instructor : Mrs. Taryn Edge
MP, Dip FISA, Instructor, CBI, BAT, CBP, Parama BP
Taryn’s BodyTalk Health and Training Centre
Umhlanga, DURBAN , ZN 4051
Taryn Edge has been working passionately with The BodyTalk System since it was first introduced into Kwa Zulu Natal in early 2003, and as such is the longest practicing BodyTalk Practitioner in KZN. She is a highly sought after International BodyTalk Instructor (6 years), Access Trainer (7 years), PaRama BodyTalk Practitioner and Energy Healer. This System is to her knowledge, the most dynamic and magical Holistic Healthcare System in the world.
Taryn thoroughly enjoys teaching and mentoring her practitioners-in-training towards certification, so that they may enjoy the fulfillment of a rewarding career. Taryn’s teaching strengths lie in her patience, calmness and clarity of understanding, her dynamic energy and sense for fun, as well as her ten years of BodyTalk theory and practical experience. Taryn specialises in self development and self growth work, and has extensive skills in sports injuries and pain release, as well as emotional trauma release. Taryn is a lecturer, teacher and practitioner in the art of overall Bodymind health and wellness.
Taryn has trained in the following BodyTalk courses:
- Fundamentals Part 1 and 2 (Module 1 and 2)
- BodyTalk Fundamentals Integration
- BodyTalk Right Brain Practical with Dr.Veltheim
- Principles of Consciousness (Module 3)
- Bio-Dynamics (Module 4/7) with Dr.Olivia Pinto & Dr.Richard Stuart
- Macrocosmic BodyMind (Module 6)
- Matrix Dynamics (Module 9)
- Advanced Procedures DVD course
- BodyTalk for Animals (Module 8A)
- Finding Health: Mapping the Healing Process with Dr.Veltheim
- BodyTalk Orthopedic Evaluation with Kerry D’Ambrogio
- Chinese Medicine for BodyTalkers
- Structural Integration for BodyTalkers
- PaRama BodyTalk Unit 1 & Practical with Dr.Veltheim
- PaRama BodyTalk Unit 2 & DVD Course & Practical with Dr.Veltheim
- Mindscape & Advanced Mindscape
- BreakThrough 1 & 2 with Esther Veltheim
- Fascial Balancing with Physio & Osteopath Dr. Kerry D’Ambrogio.
She has found it an honour knowing and learning directly from the founder of BodyTalk, Dr.John Veltheim in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2013. Taryn is also a trained Metamorphosis practitioner, and Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage therapist. Taryn has kept up to date with her post graduate degree studies in BodyTalk with the BodyTalk PaRama College.
She was one of the first 6 South Africans in Sept 2005 that attended the annual International BodyTalk Conference in Sarasota, Florida, U.S.A. as well as PaRama Practical 1 with Dr. Veltheim. She also attended the 2007 International Conference in Clearwater, Florida in August 2007.
Taryn is very sincere in her commitments to her clients, and continually keeps totally up-to-date with all the recent developments in BodyTalk, and as such has recently attended PaRama BodyTalk PU2 in the States with Dr.Veltheim, having learned the most state-of-the-art techniques.
Taryn’s passion lies in her love for BodyTalk, her art for teaching & her compassion for people, her ability towards inspiring clients and students. Taryn’s interests lie in the outdoors, going for long walks, spending time in the bush with wildlife, photography, music, writing, health & in acquiring a balanced lifestyle, both professionally and personally. Taryn has been invited as a guest presenter on many radio shows, Corporate Events, and Wellness Days.
FEEDBACK FROM TARYN EDGE’S FUNDAMENTALS (PRACTITIONER TRAINING) STUDENTS:
“Taryn Edge is a born teacher. Exciting, vibrant, patient and articulate. I could not have asked for a better example of a teacher who lives her passion for BodyTalk throughout the course with an energy that truly represents the miracle of BodyTalk. Remarkable and full marks to the teacher and the course that has changed my life so profoundly.” Mrs.F.V.
“An excellent and inspiring teacher that makes BodyTalk fun and exciting to learn. The student can only but have great respect for this marvelous healing modality.” Mr.R.M.
“Super Instructor. Professional and relaxed, yet focused. Your passion and enthusiasm is engrained and has rubbed of on all of us. Thank you.” Mr.M.G.
FEEDBACK FROM TARYN EDGE’S ACCESS STUDENTS:
“That night of the course, I did all 5 techniques on my brother. His neck was stuck in one position. Immediately afterwards, he could move it. Thanks for giving me this gift.” Mrs. A.S.
“Excellent, well presented and thoroughly enjoyable.” Lesley Rieseberg, NURSE.
“Wow, the most awesome course I have been to. It’s the best.” Romolla Singh.
“Taryn has a relaxed, fun approach. I found it easy to learn, and saw immediate impact and results.” Maxine Clancy, LIFE COACH
We are having a lot of fun with the techniques. From curing headaches and backaches to minimizing an asthma attack. Even proved motivational for winning a golf game (my son).
Probably the best course any of us has ever been on.
TARYN’S BODYTALK HEALTH & TRAINING CENTRE
Taryn runs a very successful practice in Mt Edgecombe. Here one experience’s beauty, tranquility and the gentle balancing of body and mind. BodyTalk Balancings offer one the opportunity to address specific diseases and disorders, as well as maintenance and prevention sessions aimed at keeping you in optimum health. Taryn is available for distant sessions from anywhere in the world.
She hears the praises of the The BodyTalk System on a regular basis from clients experiencing sessions:
TESTIMONIALS FROM TARYN’S CLIENTS AT THE BODYTALK CENTRE:
PAINFUL SHOULDER – Ashni had not been able to pour water from her kettle for a month. She had a painful shoulder, with obvious limited range of motion. Her body’s innate indicated that we balance her shoulder to hip, and release an emotion of fear of responsibility from the right shoulder joint. She had immediate full range of motion back, with no sense of pain or discomfort left, BodyTalk is simply the best!
ADD – A psychologist, who is hugely impressed with BodyTalk, referred Chantal’s son of 9yrs old to me. His mom says, “His behavior was a problem at school, he was always getting into trouble, he couldn’t concentrate properly and his handwriting and work was like a dog’s breakfast, very untidy. His teacher phoned me wanting to find out the story; she had even shared with the principal that he was like a DIFFERENT CHILD. I told her that I was taking him for BodyTalk sessions (two at that stage). THE TEACHER COULDN’T BELIEVE HOW HE HAD CHANGED. He was now taking pride in his work which was now so neat. Before he was not interested and didn’t care. His maths test marks had improved remarkably, from getting 2/40 he was now getting 27/30. And he no longer brings notes home for misbehaving.” Chantal
ANGER – “I am just calling to say a big thank you for what you did for my husband. He says he is REALLY feeling revitalised after his session with you. Years of his DESTRUCTIVE ANGER and lashing out with CRITICAL COMMENTS seemed to VANISH OVERNIGHT with one session of BodyTalk. He is LESS REACTIVE and DEFENSIVE. It has produced such a significant change in him. I used to wait for the three-weekly cycle of even-tempered happiness followed by thunderous growls and withdrawal for a week. It is going to be wonderful to see what happens in the long term. He is looking forward to his next session and recommends BodyTalk to friends.” Mr D.H.
DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY – “For two years I had suffered from anxiety, social phobia, panic attacks and depression. After my first session I felt like I was on such a high. I had a meeting that evening and PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY COMING UP TO ME AND ASKING ME WHAT HAD HAPPENED, that I was smiling and joyful. The best thing you did for me was to open up my self love.” Ms. L.S. 55 yrs
PAIN – “For 2-3 weeks I had a sore on my foot. It was painful and uncomfortable to walk on. In the treatment I could actually feel something happening around it. During the treatment, the PAIN DISAPPEARED TOTALLY. I only mentioned this to Taryn upon my second visit as I never thought miracles like that happened. It was quite amazing.” Rudi, 53yrs
PMS (Period Pain, Anger, Irritability. “My life was a living hell.”) – “Its been five months and I haven’t needed to take painkillers for period pain. It used to be unbearable. All my moody, irritable and anger filled pre-menstrual symptoms are also a thing of the past. I have my energy and my life back. I HAVE TRIED COUNTLESS OTHER THERAPIES over the years, and NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO BEING AS EFFECTIVE AS BODYTALK. It is really incredible.” Miss P.N. 21yrs
Should you be interested in attending the one day BodyTalk Access workshop, or learning the BodyTalk practitioner’s course (BodyTalk Fundamentals), or wish to invite Taryn Edge as a guest presenter for any public function, or are wanting to book an appointment, please call Taryn Edge on 083 784 5577, or alternatively e-mail her on firstname.lastname@example.org.