Date(s) - 11/11/2017 - 14/11/2017
9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Johannesburg, Gauteng South Africa
$1200.00 USD FOR FIRST 15 students that register and pay in full by October 5th, 2017
(Mod 4(7)) BodyTalk: Bio-Dynamics
Bio-Dynamics course addresses the body as an energy system. It examines the many ways of integrating the energy systems of the body with the physical functioning of the body. It is the foundation of the BodyGenics system developed by Dr. John Veltheim. The elements of the BodyTalk protocol addressed in this course are as follows:
• Links and Definitions are reviewed again.
• Five elements: A more detailed study of the five? elements.
• The role of the kidneys in the Yin/Yang balance of the? body and how they relate to the sensuality/sexuality equation.
• Wei Qi (protective energy): A detailed examination of the ?role of Wei Qi and the practical ways to balance its functions.
• Breathing cycle: A study of all the aspects of the? breathing cycle and its ramifications throughout the body.
• The Diaphragm: The role of the diaphragm in the? processing and distribution of pathological emotions and thoughts. A specific technique to? release the diaphragm and improve its function.
• Nature of Emotions: A study of the role of emotions ?within the bodymind complex and new techniques in harmonizing the emotions.
• Body Vivaxis: A specific technique to?re-orientate organs, endocrines, and body parts to the whole bodymind complex.
• Muscle relationships: a detailed study of the emotional? and psychological relationships of all the major muscles and joints of the body.
The Bio-Dynamics course also focuses on sports medicine and? musculo-skeletal disorders. The elements of the BodyTalk protocol addressed in this ?course are as follows:
• Sports injuries: Specific guidelines in using BodyTalk to address ?acute and chronic sports injuries.
• Sports performance: Using an agenda to specifically prepare a? sports person for maximum performance in specific events.
• Managing chronic arthritis
• Managing chronic pain
• Adhesions and improvement of range of motion
• Posture correction
• Specific spinal balancing
• Reciprocals – in detail
Only available to IBA members. BodyTalk Fundamentals as well as the BodyTalk Advanced Procedures DVD are pre-requisites for these courses, which must be taken together.
This course counts for 32 hours of continuing education for Certified BodyTalk Practitioners’ requirements.
Phone: 082 256 6997
About your instructor:
Dr. Kerry D’Ambrogio
Dr. Kerry D’Ambrogio, D.O.M., A.P., P. T., D.O. -M.T.P., AdvCBI, AdvCBP, Sr.CBI, Senior BodyTalk Instructor is an internationally recognized lecturer, author, Physical Therapist, Osteopath, and Board Certified Acupuncture Physician. He graduated from the Physical Therapy program at the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the Osteopathic program at the Canadian Academy of Osteopathy & Holistic Health Science in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, the John Wernham College of Classical Osteopathy in Maidstone England and the Acupuncture program at the Academy of Chinese Healing Arts in Sarasota, Florida, USA.
Kerry’s unique approach integrates several schools of thought including Maitland, Kaltenborn, Cyriax, McKenzie, Norwegian approach, and Osteopathy (Muscle Energy, Strain and Counterstrain, Myofascial Release, Craniosacral Therapy/Cranial Osteopathy, and Visceral Manipulation, among others). Kerry also has a background in Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Applied Kinesiology, Body Talk, Orthotics, Muscle Imbalance and various exercise and movement therapies (Janda, Somatics, Florence Kendal, Shirley Sahrman and the Norwegian approach, among others).
Kerry is the President and Director of the D’Ambrogio Institute (DAI), www.DambrogioInstitue.com and Therapeutic Systems, Inc. (TSI), www.TSItherapy.com. He lectures internationally in over 20 countries and is recognized throughout throughout Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Australia, the Philippines, South Africa, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Norway, and Israel as an exceptional teacher of BodyTalk, manual and exercise therapies.
Kerry is a certified Body Talk practitioner, senior instructor and is a member of the International Body Talk Association. He is also a certified instructor recognized by the International Alliance of Healthcare Educators (IAHE). Kerry is a published author of Positional Release Therapy and he has written numerous articles in Physical and Occupational Therapy journals. Kerry has produced numerous DVD’s and other resources to accompany his courses taught through the Dambrogio Institute. He has also discussed health issues on radio and television talk shows.
Kerry presently operates his own private practice, the TSI Center for Mind-Body Medicine which is located at 7311 Merchant Court in Sarasota, Florida, 34240. www.TSItherapy.com